homestead - Re: [Homestead] Liberalism, atheism linked to IQ

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Liberalism, atheism linked to IQ
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 16:31:03 -0800

Read the whole thing because someone said "oh, she'll never be able to read the whole book. Most adults can't get through it." @@ Geez, I hate it when someone says I can't do something <g>

Studied because I had no choice. Mommy Dearest said so. Five days a week and some weekends.

Curiosity driven? Sort of. Logic driven? Sort of. I liked to know the answers to things but not necessarily the answers that most kids would have wanted answers to. It made no sense to me that people would say they were x, y or z and then act like a, b and c. So, were they hypocrits or liars. And I kept hearing that man was made in god's image. Some folks would say "god is a vengeful god" and others would say "god is a loving god." Hello people, make up your blooming minds! The more I read, the less I believed. The more study groups I attended, the less I believed.

And here I was 10 years old when I read it the first time and I'm thinking, what the heck is this obsession with sex. Now, that was one point that really boggled my mind! And what was with all the screwing with people's minds and all the tests that really didn't make any sense or prove a thing.

O.K., so I didn't really believe to begin with and the more I studied and the more places I went, the more firm my belief became that the whole work was better defined as mythology (the body of stories associated with a culture or institution or person; collection of myths of a people, concerning the origin of the people, history, deities, ancestors and heroes; based on or told of in traditional stories).

Now, as to finding reason in chaos. No, ya see, I don't really care. I do find people interesting and wonder why some of them do what they do but I simply accept that there is chaos and that chaos is actually the norm. And, since I know I can't find the answer to some of the questions I have, I basically shrug it off and go on to something I can do something about or find an answer to.

I'm terribly curious but not consumed by curiosity. I *like* logic but I don't need logic. Hey, cause that really isn't logical <g> I find illogical behavior annoying but it gets filed under "oh well" because I can't do anything about it. I like logic because it is orderly, it makes sense. If everyone were to act in a logical manner then things would run more smoothly.

Am I clear as mud, as usual? :)

But why did you read and study the Bible in the first place? Were you
not looking for something? That is far more than most people do. Why
are you so logical to begin with, perhaps to find a reason behind the
chaos? Root cause analysis....that sort of thing, subconsciously, maybe?