homestead - Re: [Homestead] New bread making method

  • From: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] New bread making method
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:18:36 -0600

Then you'd love the Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book. It's one of the
better examples of how-to writing that I know of and includes all the
technical aspects, including a description of an oven they built.

http://www.amazon.com/Laurels-Kitchen-Bread-Book-Whole-Grain/dp/0812969677

I saw the recipe that Gene is using in the magazine. Now that Gene is
giving it a gold star I'm going to try it. I was skeptical before.

Gene, the amount of water is sure to vary with the moisture of the
flour, so maybe that's why you need less?

Marie