homestead - Re: [Homestead] Thunderbird problem

  • From: Wendy <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Thunderbird problem
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 11:41:56 -0800 (PST)

Bev, the same kind of thing started happening to me a few months ago with my
Outlook Express and my Verizon account.  I could recieve email, but couldn't
send it.  It acted like it didn't recognize my account.  I called Verizon and
after quite a while of thier off-shore "techs" fiddling with my Outlook
software, they left it that I could no longer even recieve email in Outlook.
It is still that way and I have to now read and send using my main Verizon
account via yahoo.  That STINKS!  I have a yahoo account for things I don't
care about (like on line shopping) or things that I think may give me a lot
of spam.  My main Verizon account was read by Outlook, the messages were
storred on MY computer and was reserved for friends, family, professional
contacts, and other personal stuff.  Now both my accounts are storred on
yahoo.  I don't know what to do.  Verizon has come up empty with one.  If you
can figure what is happening with your
Thunderbird, then maybe the info would be useful in helping me with my
Outlook problem.

Wendy