homestead - Re: [Homestead] Communications

  • From: Tim Oppenheim <timopp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Communications
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 13:47:23 -0600

I have a MajicJack. It does install a piece of software on your
computer and it does display ads, but so far only their own. Nothing
malicious that I can detect.

I would say that it is the one over hyped product that works as
delivered. My calls on it are crisp and clear with very little lag
time.

A couple of caveats. If it works for you, it will work pretty much the
first time you use it. If it doesn't work, because of Internet,
latency, any other problems it will almost never work. Save yourself
the frustration and just send it back.

I couldn't get a local exchange in my area code so anyone that calls
from town is long distance, unless you live in Arkadelphia ( 250 miles
away) then it's free. Calls out are free. If you do business in
another city it's a great way to let you customers call a local
number.

Tim