homestead - Re: [Homestead] Communications

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Communications
  • Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 20:06:57 -0800

At 2/6/2010 06:50 PM,EarthNSky wrote:
Actually, I did find another supplier, Skywave Communications, and they
are much, much cheaper than Hughesnet.
http://www.skywaveinternet.com/
They claim to provide service to my entire county, but I am doubtful.
They apparently are one of those line of sight deals because in their
terms of service they speak of installing an antennae. The little
towns they list are all on the other side of the ridges out on the river
plains.

Call them and ask, they should know what their system will do and how to get around obstacles (if they can).

Rob
becida AT comcast.net