homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tool question

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tool question
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 19:59:55 -0600

I see many complaints about tool batteries. Many cheap batteries are junk
and replacements are usually more than the tool. When you are talking of
decent quality tools, batteries can be as much if not more than the tool but
why throw away a good tool? There are several rebuilding outfits that will
rebuild tool batteries for around $2.50 a volt.

I have used MOTO battery for Bosch 14.4 and 24 Volt batteries with good
luck.
http://www.mtobattery.com/STORE/

Several on another list recommended Voltman:
http://www.voltmanbatteries.com/servlet/StoreFront

I have a 19.2 Porter Cable battery rebuilt by Sunn Battery but they appear
to be out of business. The rebuilt battery has outlasted both OEM
batteries.

Don Bowen KI6DIU
New ruralize pages, follow the link off http://www.ruralize.com