homestead - [Homestead] Inching forward

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Inching forward
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 12:21:56 -0600

The shop did not get built this year, lots of excuses and a little action.
Rain and other projects slowed things considerably. All the smaller trees
are cleared from the site and only a couple of big pines need removed before
proceeding with leveling the pad. I have stated moving dirt with my Ford
3000 and a box blade but the tractor started misbehaving and I need to leave
for North Carolina.

One project was the excavation of about 300' of trenches. One 140' trench
got two runs of 3 wire 2-0 al wire in 2" conduit and a single run of 1 1/4
conduit for future telephone. A short section also got a 100' run of 10-2
wire in 1" conduit with a 40' run of 1" water pipe, both to an RV stand with
hydrant and 30 Amp connection.

The other trench got a single run of the 2-0 in 2” conduit, 1” water line,
½” propane line, and the 1 ¼ phone conduit. A hydrant stub was installed
about half way. These trenches went along side the trailer and need filled
in before I can leave. Rains have slowed that considerably along with a
washout of the road. I am planning on leaving here Saturday AM.

Hopefully next spring I will finish the pad and start on a 32’ by 40’ shop.

Don Bowen KI6DIU

New ruralize pages, follow the link off http://www.ruralize.com

  • [Homestead] Inching forward, Don Bowen, 11/05/2009