homestead - Re: [Homestead] Drug screens and the way things should be

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Drug screens and the way things should be
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 08:37:12 -0400

Lynda wrote:
Nursing Services Coordinator, Radiology Department Coordinator and Telemetry Unit. We all had to have First Aid and CPR (including newborn CPR) certs but that was all. I take that back, the old TB test was required.

I have to go today to have my PPD read...drive all the way back up there. My friend is going with me and we will be shopping and lunching in Chattanooga today...woo hoo!
It is my last blast of freedom before I start work on Monday. Unfortunately, I need a very conservative black dress, something suitable for a funeral. There are too many people in my life who are ill, and I have a horrible feeling that I will need that dress more than a few times in the next few years.

When I
worked in radiology we had to have chest x-rays because the hospital was one of the centers that did all the refugee TB patients for a 3 county area.

As NSC I did all admissions, insurance (length of stay justification), QA, Utilization Review, set-ups and pulls (charts) for Federal review, and did all the legal paperwork for nurses to keep their ed units up to date.

In Radiology I did admissions, set-ups for angios, etc., insurance, authorizations and verifications for inmate appointments, set-ups for all abuse cases, set-ups for the coroner, pulled medical records, assisted with EEGs and transcriptions when the transcriptionist didn't show up. And, when I worked there, we were all asked to volunteer in the ICN with the FAS and drug babies.

Telemetry Unit I transcribed meds and watched monitors till I was frequently cross-eyed <g>

These days, I believe all of these jobs would require drug testing.

I was bonded at the stores I managed and didn't have to be drug tested (one was part of the Kroger chain and the other was part of Chevron/Standard Oil).

DH worked on the roads. He was also weighmaster for Lousiana-Pacific and along with weighing the trucks and dumping them, ran a big cat and forklift. When he worked for the school district, he did landscaping for both the school district and the city parks (joint agreement) and also ran the CETA crews. He drove trucks, etc. from school to school and transported the CETA crews, also. He's never had to do the drug testing thing.

I have no clue as to why there would be differences.
I always learn something from this list.

Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed somewhere in the Pacific and/or Indian Ocean. Go Navy!
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA