homestead - Re: [Homestead] Drug screens and the way things should be

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Drug screens and the way things should be
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:02:33 -0800

Nursing Services Coordinator, Radiology Department Coordinator and Telemetry Unit. We all had to have First Aid and CPR (including newborn CPR) certs but that was all. I take that back, the old TB test was required. When I worked in radiology we had to have chest x-rays because the hospital was one of the centers that did all the refugee TB patients for a 3 county area.

As NSC I did all admissions, insurance (length of stay justification), QA, Utilization Review, set-ups and pulls (charts) for Federal review, and did all the legal paperwork for nurses to keep their ed units up to date.

In Radiology I did admissions, set-ups for angios, etc., insurance, authorizations and verifications for inmate appointments, set-ups for all abuse cases, set-ups for the coroner, pulled medical records, assisted with EEGs and transcriptions when the transcriptionist didn't show up. And, when I worked there, we were all asked to volunteer in the ICN with the FAS and drug babies.

Telemetry Unit I transcribed meds and watched monitors till I was frequently cross-eyed <g>

I was bonded at the stores I managed and didn't have to be drug tested (one was part of the Kroger chain and the other was part of Chevron/Standard Oil).

DH worked on the roads. He was also weighmaster for Lousiana-Pacific and along with weighing the trucks and dumping them, ran a big cat and forklift. When he worked for the school district, he did landscaping for both the school district and the city parks (joint agreement) and also ran the CETA crews. He drove trucks, etc. from school to school and transported the CETA crews, also. He's never had to do the drug testing thing.

Lynda
-- "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are
to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theordore
Roosevelt, 1918.

What did you do in the hospital? I was an EKG/cardiopulmonary tech. I
had lots of patient contact, including those that coded and needed CPR.
I'm guessing that the more clerical type workers, those with less
patient contact, would not be required to be tested.

DH never did (schools, county government, etc.).

County government is vague...what did he do? Here, police, fire,
roadworkers, water treatment, street cleaners...people that operate
machinery or whose job impact public safety.

Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed
somewhere in the Pacific and/or Indian Ocean. Go Navy!
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA