homestead - Re: [Homestead] Drug screens and the way things should be

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Drug screens and the way things should be
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 08:31:44 -0400

Hmmm...I've only had the 'kit' once...at the Pig. The rest were blood and or urine tests at a lab.

Marie McHarry wrote:
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Lynda <lurine AT com-pair.net> wrote:
I never have either. I've worked in hospitals, in a city government and as
fiscal administrator who managed millions in federal grants.

DH never did (schools, county government, etc.).

I think this is the new in thing. Son #3 is working for the local school
district caring for a quad. He had to have a physical and drug screen. His
girlfriend had to have a drug screen, no physical, when she went to work at
a daycare.

It occurs to me that drug testing is being pushed by companies that
sell drug-testing kits. I've only had to take one test -- when I
applied for a job as an editor for Battelle (I got the job). The
company paid for the drug test, ,but my personal doctor, who gave the
test, ranted for several minutes about what a waste of time and money
drug tests are.

Marie