homestead - Re: [Homestead] Drug screens and the way things should be

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Drug screens and the way things should be
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:18:15 -0800

It is a huge business out there drug testings AND a really HUGE business out there selling "preps" so that people will pass the tests. I was in a local tatoo parlor (no, I wasn't getting a tattoo, they are they only place I can find cedar incense unless I want to drive all the way down to the coast) and I'm setting my stuff down when at the next cash register is this guy about 40 buying this drink. I don't think anything of it until the cashier says "that'll be $43.87." I guess my mouth fell open cause when the guy walked out, the cashier explained that it was a drug test prep that folks drink a few hours before the test and then they get a "clean" test. Wow! Talk about a making the big bucks!

Lynda
-- "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are
to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theordore
Roosevelt, 1918.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

It occurs to me that drug testing is being pushed by companies that
sell drug-testing kits. I've only had to take one test -- when I
applied for a job as an editor for Battelle (I got the job). The
company paid for the drug test, ,but my personal doctor, who gave the
test, ranted for several minutes about what a waste of time and money
drug tests are.