homestead - Re: [Homestead] He loves the little children....

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] He loves the little children....
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 20:57:53 -0400

I just came across this...praising an undeserving president (not to mention congress and FEMA!) is not just an Obama phenomenon:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2006/04/17/out-of-the-mouths-of-babes/

At the annual White House Easter Egg Roll, children from the stricken Gulf Coast region serenaded First Lady Laura Bush with a song praising the beleaguered Federal Emergency Management Agency.
To the tune of Hey Look Me Over, about 100 young children from Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama sang:

Our country's stood beside us
People have sent us aid.
Katrina could not stop us, our hopes will never fade.
Congress, Bush and FEMA
People across our land
Together have come to rebuild us and we join them hand-in-hand!

Lynn Wigglesworth