homestead - Re: [Homestead] Where are the protesters?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Where are the protesters?
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 10:36:32 -0400

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
I believe it's the 'natural evolution' of a society, as you say. All great civilizations eventually fall from corruption and apathy within. What I don't understand is, with so many people fearing communism, why are we allowing ourselves to become a wholly-owned subsidiary of China? They don't have to fight us; just be there to buy our debt and sell us stuff we no longer manufacture...pretty soon, they'll own a controlling share of the country (if they don't already). We, cooperatively, send our manufacturing offshore and waste money (we don't have) on unnecessary wars and 'helping' other countries while we go under.

Lynn Wigglesworth

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed somewhere in the Pacific and/or Indian Ocean. Go Navy!
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA