homestead - Re: [Homestead] The kitchen table, was Asparagus seeds

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The kitchen table, was Asparagus seeds
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 15:06:39 -0400

From: "EarthNSky" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
This could actually be a new thread:
What's on your kitchen table??

An empty vase (used to have flowers in it...I get an impulse to be 'domestic' once in a while...it never lasts long), a battery-powered drill ( from recent project), a bunch of change I started wrapping but ran out of wrappers, a bottle of alcohol (don't have a clue why that is there), a bag of bananas that were on special at the store this morning, an exploded diagram of my wood stove (which I'm refurbishing this summer), a tube of Neosporin (someone is always bleeding), a pile of books that need to be put away, and library books that I need to return soon. And a few misc. screws and nuts and things that people find and don't know what they belong to; they eventually get put in the junk drawer.

Sad to say, some of that junk has been there for a long time, and just gets pushed aside when we eat. There's also a fly paper hanging over the table which I DO move when we eat (fly paper is just TOO gross to look at while we're eating,, but it's cheap, effective and non-toxic). Yeah, like the rest of my house, my table is functional, not beautiful. I need a maid or a housewife or someone who cares what the place looks like...I lack that 'feminine touch'.

Lynn Wigglerworth
Tioga Co. PA