homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cops, was Has anyone heard about this?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cops, was Has anyone heard about this?
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 10:44:25 -0800

Okey dokey. Does anyone's opinion change if you find out that the good Prof was in the middle of doing a documentary on racial profiling?

And, what erks the heck out of me is Sharpton. Mr. Black on Screen. He's defended more guilty people than any 20 public defenders put together. AND, he lies. He knows as well as anyone who deals with the law that it is not the least bit uncommon, in fact common practice, to arrest folks for disturbing the peace, take them in and let them sit for 4 to 6 hours to cool off and then cut them loose with the no charges pressed. Doesn't mean they couldn't clog up the system by trying them, it means it is a MISDEMEANOR and isn't worth the time.

As to the current White House resident, me thinks it will be something to go back to later if his healthcare bills don't get passed -- "See, we were all distracted by this unimportant little matter. The evil press didn't pay attention to what was important" blah, blah, blah.

Lynda
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

----- Original Message ----- From: "Leslie" <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>

This all reminds me of an article written by a former Prez of the KKK that was published in the Readers Digest Magazine some 30+ years ago... The Prez was telling his story, but the most important part was the reason why he resigned as the Prez and completely quit the KKK. He had discovered that the race wars are used by politicians to keep people fighting amongst themselves instead of looking at the politicians.

Makes me think Prez is trying to deflect attention elsewheres.....