homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cops, was Has anyone heard about this?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cops, was Has anyone heard about this?
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 20:43:22 -0800

It would be interesting to hear the 9-1-1 tape. *Most* people who call in don't start off by giving descriptions of the people doing a crime. They start with generics. Then the dispatcher asks for specifics -- race, big/tall, short/small, etc. Any distinctive characteristics (backpacks)?

And I don't think "education" is the answer since it is always biased and has an inclination to teach more of what it is teaching against (DARE, for example). The problem is children grow up with racist parents. We could take them all away and put them in isolation <g>

Or then again, it may never go away. Are chickens racist? If you put a "different" color in with a bunch of all one color chickens they are like as not to ravage the poor thing.

Lynda
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

snip<

They say that the answer to prejudice,racism and
bigotry, etc. is education. Professor Gates makes me question that.
Of course, I am biased because I was once employed by a law enforcement
agency, but that's my two cents on the matter.

Bev

--
"Never expect magic from no where" Baringo (Kenyan) working motto
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/