homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cops, was Has anyone heard about this?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cops, was Has anyone heard about this?
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 19:40:22 -0800

I would image the lady thought she was doing him a favor. What he keeps neglecting to mention in all his phoney ranting is that his house had been broken into before. AND, compared to the woman that made the report, the men *were* probably big. Of course, if you measure by mouth alone, Gates is a huge black man!

Lynda
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>

Well, Gates got lots of publicity. Did you notice that the story didn't hit
the papers until 4 days after it happened, and then wasn't a 'Police Beat'
kind of item, but appeared as a "I can't believe they treated me this way"
story? Someone made a point of getting it in the paper.

Instead of thanking the passer-by who reported a possible break-in in
progress, Professor Gates said:
http://www.theroot.com/views/skip-gates-speaks?page=0,0

"And I love that the 911 report said that two big black men were trying to
break in with backpacks on. Now that is the worst racial profiling I've ever
heard of in my life. (Laughs.) I'm not exactly a big black man. I thought
that was hilarious when I found that out, which was yesterday."

Umm...there were two black men, reportedly with his travel bags; at least
one of them was 'big' The driver was putting his shoulder against the front
door to force it open. But describing exactly what she saw was "the worst
racial profiling"??? If I were his neighbors, I'd let anyone who wanted
break in. No way I'd call 911 and be accused of 'racial profiling' by the
guy whose property I was trying to protect.

Someone is outright lying; Gates says he didn't yell, didn't dis the cop's
momma, and only asked for the cop's badge number when he was arrested. The
police report says he was uncooperative, yelling, and refused to calm down.
I hope they release the tapes of the police calls and the witnesses come
forward...I'd like to know the truth.