homestead - [Homestead] Fwd: Re Censorship coming

  • From: Gil White <gil.white AT xplornet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Fwd: Re Censorship coming
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 17:47:01 +0000 (GMT)

This is more like the list I remembered so fondly from years gone by.

Not that I don't have opinions, but I'll try to stay out of your politics and
Bush bashing for now. What I do believe is that the US economy is probably a
bit like the Titanic, I'm sure there's 400 Republicans and Democtrats
shouting different directions to the wheelhouse and all the passangers are
forgetting it doesn't turn on a dime. And I suspect that the steering wheel
has been disconnected from the rudder years ago and the best course might
have been to crash head first into the iceberg anyway.

I have a sinking feeling that over the next few years you'll see the gulf
widen between Main Street and Wall Street with the corporations starting to
recover but with no real improvement in the average person's outlook..

Were going through a similar shake up in Canada and what I see is very few
people who really understand how little a single or even a small group of
politicians can do without some fundamental changes in attitudes and
expectations.

Just my loonie's worth.

Gil