homestead - [Homestead] Natural Pain Medicine

  • From: Jerry <shepperd AT mail2.pvco.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Natural Pain Medicine
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 12:31:34 -0500

My wife had surgery again this week and she doesn't tolerate pain medicines well, particularly codeine-based pain medications. Her doctor suggested that she try Arnicare, a natural, herb-based OTC product, which is marketed in natural food stores for arthritis relief. So far, it has worked.

The active ingredients are:
Arnica montana
Benzolcum acidum
Byona alba
Dulcamira
Pulsatilla
Chamomila
Kali iodalum
Rhododendron chrysanthum
Rhus toxicodendum

Several of these ingredients are in herbal teas and herbal pills.

Jerry

"An excuse is more horrible and worse than a lie..."
-- Alexander Pope

"If you believe that the answer to your happiness or unhappiness lies in someone else's hands, you are in for a load of trouble. You are responsible for your own happiness -- and unhappiness."

"If you want to be happy, then be happy."
-- Albert Ellis