homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ingenuity

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ingenuity
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 23:15:44 -0400

We have used rubber sidewalls from tires for hinges. Good to see you Wen. What is going on in your life? Are you still in PA?-can't remember where...

Bev

Wendy wrote:
I noticed the flip-flop hinges. I use the bags from coffee "bricks" for hinges. Just fold them into strips and nail into place. They are strong and last a long time outdoors..

Wendy

Very cool website! I particularly liked the Toyota Cowrolla!--Sage

EarthNSky wrote:
I would say this is a good way to waste an afternoon or a weekend, but
it is not a waste of time. This is homesteading in it's purest form,
making do with what you have, innovation showing no bounds. I saw this
work ethic motto on one page:

"Never expect magic from no where"

http://www.afrigadget.com/

I was mesmerized by this site, alternating between extreme heartache and
profound admiration.

Bev, wondering why no one posts to this list.

http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/crazygardens%40verizon.net