homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ingenuity

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ingenuity
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:38:13 +0000

Hi Bev.

I haven't posted to this list in what seems to be a very long time. Haven't
posted to my blogs lately either. I'm stuck in a state of .... something
weird... sort of panic, sort of trepidation, sort of joy, sort of a mixture
of all and i'm still trying to get my bearings on life in general. My husband
finally moved back down to LA (he says for good this time) and I'm here
trying to put all the pieces in order so I can carry on here on the
homestead-in-the-making.

My vehicles are all crapping out on me and I just got one back from the shop,
at least. One needs a new transmission (the truck), the jeep needed some
sensors of some sort but still isn't road worthy, and the car we're driving
now has something going out on it that makes a lot of noise and I don't know
exactly what it is yet. Thus the source of some of my panic. Daughter and I
both work and we need two functioning cars.

The contractor I'm wanting to hire to finish the job my husband left came
back today with a bid under my budget limit - whew!! So I can get the rest of
the work done, at least to a point where I can do it myself. He'll put in the
interior doors, flooring, and rent scaffolding to do some high work that
didn't get finished.

Work has been hectic but still not paying enough, so I'm going to start doing
herb walks on my saturdays off to bring in a few extra dollars, hopefully
enough to make ends really meet. the ad has been placed in our local co-op
newspaper, due to start in august. i don't want to get a second job that
takes me away from home even more. but i will if i have to, i guess.

Today the satellite guy AND the telephone guy are coming to move my lines
over to the new house -whooohooo, at least now we can see the weather before
it hits, lol.

Anyway, at least here for now, we are all alive and well, just not being very
communicative these days.

Roxann