homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ingenuity

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ingenuity
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 23:31:40 -0400

Hi Bev,
I'm still in Bloomsburg, PA. I work for PPL (a power company) now and recently bid into a position that pays me over double what I was making in my old position. And I love it. I'm still on my little half-acre with my youngest son (17). I'm doing very well. I'm still catching up on some debt left over from when I was unemployed with four kids, but now that will be taken care of in short work and I can put money aside for a home with much more land. I haven't given up my desires of homesteading just because the last ass-hole I was married to stole the downpayment for my last farm. I have a nice little garden out back with tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, snow peas, zucchini, green beans and beets along with my rambling herb/flower beds but I still have to board my horse :-(. It looks like the real estate marked rattled just in time for me. I believe we are going to see another big drop in real estate prices from the next wave of foreclosures in the next year or so. This area has a nice four season climate, good soil and lots of nice rural land. I'm a happy camper.

I still haven't figured out what that weed was that you sent me a picture for ID. Did you ever find out what it was?

Wendy