homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ideas

  • From: Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ideas
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 08:02:44 -0400

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Lynn Wigglesworth
<lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>wrote:

> When my sister moved to Maine, her first comment was about how early it's
> light there. She woke up and the sun was high; she thought she was late
> for
> work, but it was only 5am. It's the first spot in the US that gets the
> sun.

And consequently the earliest sunsets. In winter, when we lived there, it
was pitch dark by 3:45 - 4 p.m. It took getting used to. Loved the Maine
summer (who doesn't? though could live w/out the black flies), but the Maine
winter--with the lack of sun--about did me in. Now that I'm pretty sensitive
to amount of daylight, I'd have to rig up special lamps about the house or
become one of those people who 'winters' in FL. ;)

Hello everyone.

Lisa