homestead - Re: [Homestead] healthy fats

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] healthy fats
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 07:20:59 -0400

Yeah, I know what you mean about animal fats, but I don't have a way to
get real lard or real butter.

Bev; you can get Crisco, but you can't get butter? I figure that even store-bought butter is better than Crisco. The only fats I use in cooking are butter, olive oil, and lard for deep frying (which I rarely do; I keep the lard in the freezer). And I use a little sesame oil once in a while for stir-frying.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA