homestead - Re: [Homestead] healthy fats

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] healthy fats
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 08:15:48 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Fri, 5/1/09, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Well, yeah, I can buy Land o Lakes butter, (and I do-I use
> butter and
> margarine about 50-50 normally-have tried to reduce
> consumption of both)
> but I meant real, homemade stuff.

In the local Menninite store, they had a flyer about a brand of butter that
is "first churn" (think that was the word they used). It said most butter is
made from the whey left after cheesmaking and not as flaverful. I got some
and compared it to a couple from supermarket, and decided it did indeed have
much more flavor. One of my comparisons was Land-O-Lakes. Price was about
$7.00 for two pounds.

Van Dell