homestead - Re: [Homestead] Spring tasks and taking time to "smell the roses"

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Spring tasks and taking time to "smell the roses"
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:16:39 -0700

On Apr 13, 2009, at 11:42 AM, Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry wrote:

This sounds like fun! Flower-scrounging! Maybe it should become my newest
hobby.

As I roll Mother around the various plantings surrounding the nursing home she often says, "take a cutting from that and put it in the ground," or something to that effect. It is a longstanding mindset that survives her dementia. She has lived frugally all her life and one way a plant enthusiast copes with limited funds is by sharing cuttings and rootings as well as seeds with friends and strangers alike.

Gene GeRue
www.RURALIZE.com