homestead - Re: [Homestead] Herbs and flowers and a mystery

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Herbs and flowers and a mystery
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 00:26:43 -0400

I just remembered!!

Hemorrhoids!!! You just put a leaf in your underwear-supposed to shrink and heal them!

EarthNSky wrote:

I read something on lambs ear not too long ago, but now I can't remember
where I read what. I think it was about fever reduction. I remember
being surprised at just how many uses it had. Oh, oh....I was thinking
earlier today that it might make a good toilet paper substitute if you
had a whole patch of it, which you could definitely have in a few years
and good soil in a large bed.

--
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

--Cicero, 55 BC
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/