homestead - Re: [Homestead] Germination report

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Germination report
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 08:55:01 -0400

I have a Victorio strainer. It does a pretty good job of that.
I curious as to how soil nutrients might affect acidity.

Lynda wrote:
Do you peel and deseed your tomatoes? The majority of the acid and, for that matter, the protein, are in the seeds and skins. The skins being the main culprit in acidity. The seeds providing more protein than the skins. Also, very or over ripe tomatoes will have less acid.

I added sugar to my jars,and to the sauces and pastes, but it was still
too acidic. I thought it was okay, his taste differed.
--
I am having an out-of-money experience.
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/