homestead - Re: [Homestead] rabbiit meat- being sold on Amaz on

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] rabbiit meat- being sold on Amaz on
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 17:33:58 EDT

> >I believe Cloverdale is the main company that sells frozen rabbit in a
> box at the grocery store. Check your frozen foods section and see.

Yes, but that stuff is God-awful and would turn anyone against rabbit meat.
Many years ago when I proposed adding rabbits to the larder, I told Herself
that domestic rabbit doesn't resemble the jackrabbits she had had from
hunters.
So I bought some of that commercial rabbit to show her what it was likeand it
was worse than week old road kill.

Also when setting up for goats I made the mistake of getting some
commercially produced goat milk in the grocery as a sample. Really nasty
stuff.

Don't sample any unfamiliar food from a grocery store when evaluating whether
the homestead counterpart is fit to eat.

James