homestead - Re: [Homestead] rabbiit meat- being sold on Amaz on

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] rabbiit meat- being sold on Amaz on
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 10:11:06 -0800

This is an absolutely marvelous example of why I think this country is doomed. How in the world ANYONE who has an IQ even slightly larger than their shoe size could possibly think that the picture of an animal carcass would get them a live bunny is beyond me. And the moron that doesn't know that in many cultures rabbit IS the easter meal is also shoe size equal in the IQ department. Or, most probably, simply the typical product of the public school system.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

I know alot of members of the list have raised rabbit for food. I have never heard of it being sold commercially, except in small ethnic markets, until now, from Amazon.com. Now, , somwe of the "customer comments" or "reviews" are just so ......, I'll excerpt them.

Fresh Whole Rabbit

Other products by Cloverdale

Product Description

Rabbit meat is lightly flavored and has a nutty aftertaste that is unique to this animal. It is a low fat meat, low in cholesterol, and a nutritious source of proteins. Excellent with a mustard sauce or stewed slowly with onions.

Item photos (4 photos, look at all 4) at this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Cloverdale-Fresh-Whole-Rabbit/dp/B00012182G/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

A couple of customer reviews"

"20 of 35 people found the following review helpful:

Beware Buyer: This Rabbit Comes DECEASED!, January 9, 2008

"By Beatle23 "beatle23" (Evanston, IL USA) - See all my reviews

I bought this thinking it would make a wonderful gift to my neighbor's young son. Ordering was simple, and delivery was flawless. So you can imagine the shock and awe not only on my face, but also my neighbor's 3-year-old son, when he opened the package to find a DEAD rabbit.

When I contacted Cloverdale about this issue, I found myself on hold for hours listening to John Tesh: Live at Red Rocks. After 3 hours on hold, I was asked to leave a message. Wait 3 hours and leave a message??

Suffice to say, I have not heard back from Cloverdale. Look closely people, nowhere on the page does it say that this rabbit comes DECEASED. To all of you looking for a fun pet, do not be deceived by Cloverdale's deception. This rabbit is NOT alive. It is DEAD. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this | Permalink
Comments (5)

&

7 of 15 people found the following review helpful:

Are you people freaking nuts?!!!, February 8, 2008

By D. Fontaine - See all my reviews

Do an Amazon search for "Easter", and what comes up, in addition to the nice Easter movies and such? A skinned dead rabbit. Are you people on crack?!!!! I'm sitting here browsing with my kids looking for a couple of Easter DVDs and this is what they see? Wake the hell up, Amazon!!!!

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?

&

Nothing says "Eat Me" like a photo of a skinned rabbit carcass! Honestly, the photo just makes you hungry, doesn't it? It remained me of all of those times in biology class when I was so tempted to try a bite of the putrid fetal pig I was dissecting. Man, that takes me back!