homestead - Re: [Homestead] fry bread

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] fry bread
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 13:56:14 -0800 (PST)

The typical indians were trading with others, then the white man came in and
screwed the indians over type story.  Rounded them up into crowded camps.
The ingredients for food they gave the indians were rancid at times, which is
the horrible part - that they provided them rancid food.  They did they best
the could with the supplies.  Fry bread was one thing to come out of it.
Can't remember if it was in Arizona, New Mexico or Colorado.

--------

“All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way.
People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes,
and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome.
Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder
respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” ~ George
Orwell