homestead - Re: [Homestead] fry bread

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] fry bread
  • Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 08:47:52 -0800

Here is the fry bread reciepe we make.

6 cup flour
2 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 1/2 cup warm water
vegetable oil

In large bowl, mix together all ingredients except water and oil. I add the water and mix it, (adjust the water to flour ratio if you need to).
Let it rest for a few minutes. I divide it into how many breads I want and then flatten those pieces.

Once the oil is hot I start cooking the bread and people start eating, I cook until it's all done.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net
Western WA, where they are still talking about snow the next few days...