homestead - Re: [Homestead] RFID-gov't spying rural U.S. in new relief act

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] RFID-gov't spying rural U.S. in new relief act
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 19:39:45 -0800

Welcome to 1933!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

yea, I know Lynda, it's terrible. people just don't think through the ramifications. Right now, with a name , a hometown, and another similar point of fact like a phone number or street address, I can pay around $300 and find out 'almost anything' on anyone.

The first time I did a heavy check on a potential business partner it cost almost ten times that amount and yielded less info than what the cheaper prices bring today. Anything 'centralized' is easy, easy target and easy money for the purveyors of information.

Medical records contain everything from rape kits, to abortion reords, to terminal illness, to psych records. Maybe I should tell my shrink some of the 'real' crazy sh*t; that way the next time some one checks me out , they will be even more apprenhensive of me than they currently are when they see my other available records.

If someone is going money with me , I don't blame them for checking me out-- I don't like it but it is part of the way things are, today. You can't do business with a stranger on a handshake, anymore,. But, for a g-d d*mn
clerk in some facist gov't beauracry or corporate office to be able to check out not only my credit, but also the result of my last prostate exam by punching in a number is a real downer.

I don't like any of this stuff, but there is no getting around it when medical becomes centralized. The government owns you there, especially after they become evryone's HMO. Unless you decide that in an emergency you will let a family member die, there is no getting around not being numbered.