homestead - Re: [Homestead] a financial article

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] a financial article
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 08:21:31 EST

> >That is just plain scary that some supposed financial wizzard, some
> economist doesn't know or understand what payroll taxes include.

And scary as well that people don't realize that even if someone is so far
below the "poverty" level that they do not pay income taxes, they still pay
the
majority of all the taxes paid anyway. It is impossible for a corporation to
pay income taxes because any money the corp pays is added to the goods and
services it sells. The buyer and consumer ultimately pays the tax. When you
go
to buy that roll of fence wire or pair of boots (if they are new), you are
paying at least 27% of the cost as income tax ... someone's income tax. You
don't necessarily report it on the 1040 and write the IRS a check, but you
pay it
none the less.

That is why I preach the morality of the direct use economy. When discussing
the concept, there is always someone whose soul is completely sold to the
dark side, who thinks money is God and God is money, who swaggers about
saying,
"*I* pay income tax. You are a parasite on society because it is *I* who pay
the taxes that support the services you use." But who is it who pays the
money
with which you pay those taxes? It is the poor consumer, the ultimate source
of all the tax money ever collected through history. Fat swaggering
economic parasites don't produce anything of benefit to the folk, they are
simply a
valve or filter wherethrough flows the money generated by the masses.

The only way to break this cycle is the direct use economy. When you eat the
cabbage out ouf your garden rather than buy one, you are denying some fat
parasite somewhere the prerogative of fondling the money before it goes to
the
person who produced the cabbage and thus denying the government's ability to
tax
it.

James