homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 08:04:12 EST

> >For good water, get as far away from population centers as possible.
> It is one of the most important criteria when searching for good
> homestand land.

Of the two big streams that flow through our place, one goes by eleven
private properties before it gets here and one goes by none, ours is the
first
privately held land that it sees.

The latter stream is so clean you could safely dip up the water and drink it.
The former, going by only eleven homes, you wouldn't dare. A while back we
discovered that the fellow running a meth lab up the hollow was dumping his
waste in the stream. Fortunately he is cooling his heels in prison for a
long
time now, but it illustrates the point.

James

  • Re: [Homestead] Water, Clansgian, 02/02/2009