homestead - Re: [Homestead] a financial article

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] a financial article
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:46:34 -0800 (PST)

<<<That is why I preach the morality of the direct use economy.>>>

I wholeheartedly agree, there are a lot of moral attributes to a direct use
economy.

Yet, for the most part we still need to exchange with others that which we
can not produce.

We could do direct exchange,,, I'll trade you my dozen eggs for a handful of
bean seeds.

Or we could use the indirect method of exchange that was invented - i.e.
currency.  There are moral versions of currency that can be used as an
indirect method of exchange.

However, what we think is money today, paper dollar bills backed by national
debt as opposed to an asset - is totally immoral, because they just keep
printing more and more out of thin air, putting the citizens more and more
into debt (indirectly because future taxes pay for all the newly printed
greenbacks).

Looks like one group of people (which includes Ron Paul) has at least been
doing some serious planning to get the US back to a sound currency.  If I
didn't post the link before, it is a 10 year plan, allowing gold/silver
currencies to trade side by side greenbacks, and a 10 year education program.
Let the people choose, instead of the Fed and Congressional thieves.

I'm thinking that plan won't happen -- too many don't understand it.  We'll
have to get to the direct use economy stage, direct exchange stage, first

--------

“All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way.
People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes,
and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome.
Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder
respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” ~ George
Orwell