homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hello from Montana -

  • From: "Frank Fries" <frank.fries AT imagewireless.ca>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hello from Montana -
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 22:36:10 -0600

Hi SusanJane,

I did not know that Maine got that cold.

have to be careful from time to time

I hear you - you can easily dress for the cold - but the windchill is hard to dress for - you can freeze parts of your face pretty quick if you stay turned into the wind in the same direction for too long when you are working on something.

more heat in the summer, too, which they may have, with my thanks.

I hear you. We get quite hot here in the summer (both days- lol) - but with no humidity (have travelled and experienced that - humidity & heat = gruesome).

The upside to cold weather is that after a long stretch of it, a person appreciates the nice days all that much more.

When it warmed up, the animals all "celebrated" and became "playful". It is good to watch, just like watching the lambs bounce around in the pasture in the spring.

Enjoy your week.

Frank

----- Original Message ----- From: "sjc" <indexer AT fairpoint.net>