homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hello from Montana -

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hello from Montana -
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 00:15:38 -0500

Right now, it is 26 F, wind is 10 mph, gusts to 18..wind chill in the teens. Humidity is 65%, which is low..It was 84 this afternoon. This is normal for us. We see single digits every year, and below zero single digits every 10 years or so. It's been snowing all day, but not sticking...blowing hard though...

I just take comfort in knowing that I'm gardening while you guys are shoveling snow...hehe..I am planting potatoes (tomorrow), while you guys are playing with the snow chains <g>.

sjc wrote:
Frank Fries wrote:
I had thought I had little in common with so many of the listmembers - seems to be a lot from the southern US and hardly anybody from the northern part - especially in the west and central areas where it gets cold. There appear to be a few from the New England states where they have snow but as I understand it, rarely get much below -20 F.

Got to -50F last week, not counting wind chill. Will that qualify?

SusanJane, happy with 14 new inches of snow to provide more insulation

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

~ Calvin Coolidge