homestead - Re: [Homestead] pigs

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] pigs
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 05:34:30 -0800 (PST)

good to know about manure tea pathogens....  compost first it is.

acorns,,,,, ahaaaaa,,,,,, that explains why the neighbor's pig in FL used to
escape his home and come to our home,,,,, we had tons and tons of acorns on
that property, as well as almonds... and here i thought it was just coming
over to roll in the horse manure

it is possible to keep adults thru the summer heat if there is a shady area?
and just raise the piglets for food?