homestead - Re: [Homestead] Atlas Shrugged - Fiction to fact in 52 years

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Atlas Shrugged - Fiction to fact in 52 years
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 07:59:13 -0800 (PST)

Even the producers in Ayn Rand's book (and in reality today) from time to
time require financing, therefore, there is a place for the extension of
credit.

There are two types of credit basically, self-liquidating credit and
non-liquidating credit.  The former is liquidated thru production,,, the
later is not (it is consumed).  Much simplified --- the former is good, the
later is bad.

Public offering of stock one way to obtain financing for production.  So you
can't just lump everything together as that all stock investment is bad... or
that all ass-sitting, as you call it, is bad.

As long as things relate to REAL and honest production, which would including
lending, investing to REAL producers, its good as far as I'm concerned.