homestead - Re: [Homestead] Atlas Shrugged - Fiction to fact in 52 years

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Atlas Shrugged - Fiction to fact in 52 years
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:06:19 -0800

Well, Bob, I can sure tell you're not from California <g> If you were, then
you'd know that wasn't his intent because we'd already seen what his intent
was. Well, those of us who were paying attention. AND, those of us who had
met him personally. The man didn't give two plug nickles about the "common
man" and was all about his "friends." Period.

And, no, I don't think he'd have had the least bit of trouble with the
"liberal democrats" since he only *became* a Republican so that some party
would run him for office. You couldn't get anymore liberal Democrat than he
was until the Dem party turned down his invitation to make him a big time
politician.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

You make a very good case , Wendy. One correction is that I think
President Reagan wanted to get the government off the backs of 'all'
business --big & small--not just big business. He also wanted to keep the
government off 'my' back and yours, something I do find appealing.

Unfortunately, he didn't account for the rapacicious greed and hubris
inherent in this present generation of moneychangers invilved in big
business and banking; not to the degree that the Congress would become
nothing more than their errand boys. And had he know that most all of the
titans of banking and industry would become and support liberal
democrats, he might have been red-faced.

I liked your critique, though, as much as I liked the original article. I
think that thousands of bankers; big business CEOs and board members; and
other various moneychangers 'and' politicians should be under federal and
state indictment , right now.

It will not happen, though. They own or frighten almost all of the
politicians, regardless of party identification. Only Ron Paul, Dennis
Kucinich, Jeff Flake and a few others will stand up to them, and those who
do are considered 'fringe' or 'nuts'..........