homestead - Re: [Homestead] Alternative medicine = mainstream

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Alternative medicine = mainstream
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 11:14:33 -0800

11 years since diagnosis. 10 years since the surgery.

Now, I will say that the oncologist was not happy with us and, in fact, fought us every single solitary step of the way! We had to get his primary, his surgeon and the radiologist to agree and to coerce the oncologist into doing it our way.

He went so far as to send DH a letter saying that if he didn't do it the way the oncologist wanted it to be done, that the cancer would be back AND metastisise within 3 years and DH would be dead within five years. And, yes, he did say those exact things.

We make it a point to send him a Christmas card each year with pictures!

Oh, and doing it the way we worked out also results in no weight loss, no hair loss, no bone density loss, no skin problems, etc., etc., etc. In fact, DH gained 5 pounds.

I totally agree and I think you and your DH were wise to combine
therapies based on his exact problem. You investigated both methods and
picked a middle road that obviously worked. How long has it been now?