homestead - Re: [Homestead] Draft Horse

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Draft Horse
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:18:53 -0800 (PST)

We had horses when I was young. I don't particularly care for them , so I
will be the one voice suggesting a couple of negatives. They are large
animals with very small legs; and, they have incredibly finicky digestive
systems, so they can cost you big with a vet. They can bite as well as kick
and not all horses are smart. It is one thing to have a stupid 12 pound dog;
it is another to have a stubborn 1200 lb quarter horse.

If you want a horse to ride occasionally, horse people always have horses
that need riding, sometimes you hasve to pay, sometimes you don't.