homestead - Re: [Homestead] Draft Horse

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Draft Horse
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:22:17 -0800

James, James, James. You are one of the slowest learners in the world. There is no such thing as one-size-fits-all. <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

Not so much. First, hobby and show-horse type people are all friggin'
loonies down to every one of them. You'd think that every horse was a sickly hot
house flower. So if a person is mainly into showing or pasture ornaments,
suspect insanity, and check out anything they have to say against reality.

But a horse isn't a dog either. Some people are surprised horses actually
survive as it is, it is so unlikely to have an animal that depends on grass for
its survival having a straight gut and one stomach.

I'm not a horse person, but I was able to learn enough pretty quickly.
Knowledge and sense account for a lot more than medicine and equipment. It is much
harder to keep a horse confined than it is to "free range" it.