homestead - Re: [Homestead] Corn Fed Beef

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Corn Fed Beef
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 10:19:59 EST

> >Corn-fed is still the standard. Corn makes marbled fat in steaks (and
> people's arteries). If there is no marbled fat, a steak can't even get a
> USDA grade (prime, choice, etc.).

Corn-fed is all marketing hype. Big commercial beef producers can't produce
beef anything resembling Lynn's. The only thing they can do is bring cows to
were the corn is piled high and add bulk and weight that way. So some years
ago, with the rise of the feedlot operations, they began a campaign of
dropping
the term 'corn fed' with a nod and knowing look as if we all knew what that
meant and agreed it was superior.

It is a very old and proven markenting ploy to take every disadvantage of
your product and hype it into an advantage.

James