homestead - Re: [Homestead] Lima bean soup weather

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Lima bean soup weather
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 13:22:30 -0800

Great minds, Bob. I set navy beans to soaking last night. I had already made a broth from half the ham bone (the other half has already been made into split pea soup and eaten) and will shortly start the beans to cooking. I'll whip up some buttermilk biscuits and youngest already took out a jar of homemade jam. Have some lettuce growing on the window sill and I'll open a jar of pickled red onion, cici beans and cucumber slices and we'll have a salad.

next year it will be our own ham which is growing at the neighbors (he has better fencing) as we speak <g> He grows the hogs and we grow the turkeys and all is well with the world!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>