homestead - [Homestead] Lima bean soup weather

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Lima bean soup weather
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 09:14:52 -0800 (PST)

Sage and Roxanne have new interesting photos and all I have is my ideas about
Lima beans. Lima bean soup is one of my favorite meals. I prefer large
limas and I like to cook them to pieces. My wife (this is not one of her
favorite meals, but she likes it okay) prefers small limas and wants the
beans intact. She bought the beans this time, but I'm am doing the cooking.
So it is going to be small limas, cooked to pieces I just trimmed off what
was left of the New Year's Day ham, and started the soup -- I soaked the
beans last night. It is cool and overcast here today; perfect bean soup
weather. The dog seem to know that she has a big bone coming tomorrow