homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken Feed Quest.

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken Feed Quest.
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 09:42:40 EST

> >"Organic" has very specific meaning, and is VERY strictly enforced. If
> someone is caught using the term 'organic' when they aren't certified, the
> forces of Big Government come down on them.

Very true. And I don't use the term 'organic' because I don't want to be
associated with all the local grant-mongering idiots (Jeanne, that would be
ASD
and Anthony) and the bought and paid for pseudo definition of Organic.

BUT ... if you do less than $5000 of sales from your farm, you can call the
produce organic with no certification. You could be called onto the carpet
if
someone could prove that it wasn't organic, but you don't have to be
certified
until you do more than $5000 of business.

James