homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken Feed Quest.

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken Feed Quest.
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 10:06:09 -0500

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 9:42 AM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> BUT ... if you do less than $5000 of sales from your farm, you can call the
> produce organic with no certification. You could be called onto the carpet
> if
> someone could prove that it wasn't organic, but you don't have to be
> certified
> until you do more than $5000 of business.

Around here, local farmers will tell you personally that they grow using
organic or biodynamic methods but are not certified (though a few are).

I pay $3-3.75/dozen for eggs that are far superior to store bought eggs.
Bob, they are worth the extra money. The eggs are healthier and do taste
better. Look at the color of the yolk. Farm eggs usually have an orange or
brighter colored yolk than eggs from the store.

So excited (have I said that already?!) that we have chickens again.
Youngest son returned home from being away for almost a week and he is
eggs-tatic with me! (Sorry for that). ;)

Lisa