homestead - Re: [Homestead] James Wesley, Rawles, on gold

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] James Wesley, Rawles, on gold
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 07:33:18 -0700

A proviso: Only buy designated barter items after you have your family
logistics squared away. Furthermore, only buy precious metals after
you have your retreat completely set up and fully stocked. Unless you
are in the upper 10% of per capita income and have been stocking a
retreat for several years, odds are that you shouldn't be buying any
precious metals beyond some junk silver coins for barter.

Gene, is this last paragraph Mr. JWR's or is it your comment??

Those are the words of JWR. I have no use for silver or gold coins any more than I have for jewelry, beyond family keepsakes.